Institutional Strengthening, Capacity Development and Knowledge Generation and Management
Under this sub-component very specific trainings that focus on new areas of intervention of component 1, such as climate smart activities, carbon monitoring and ESMF were planned for the existing watersheds, additional generic trainings, and physical capacity building for new watersheds were planned.
• Training and capacity development on watershed management, 1,949 woreda staffs and DAs were trained on various watershed management focused training or participated on experience sharing sessions that were organized by regions.
• 16,506 farmers participated on various watershed management focused training or experience sharing sessions that were organized by respective Woredas.
• 4,691 farmers attended farmers’ field-day and awareness creation events organized at their respective community watersheds.
• Training and capacity development on Rural Land Administration, Certification and Land Use: 3597 KLAUC members were trained and Training was also given to 144 woreda experts on ortho-photo survey and GPS/TS surveying techniques while 1729 woreda experts and DAs were also trained on local level land use planning.
• Based on the contract with Water and Land Resource Center (WLRC) for developing & managing the knowledge base for SLMP II,
• Inception report prepared and approved in the reporting period
• Deliverables are ongoing and will be reported separately for the upcoming October mission
• CSA field manual preparation completed and comments were collected from field level to update the manual in the future.
• IGA field manual preparation completed and training was given for all project regions woreda focal persons of all regions of SLMP 2 for three days in Hawassa town.
• ESMF and gender guidelines: publication and translation to three local languages is ongoing.