Interventions under this component aim at mainly in enhancing security of tenure to smallholder farmers in the project watersheds by supporting the process of cadastral surveying, land registration and issuance of land certificates to land holders in all the 135 watersheds assisted by the project. The other objective of the component is to prepare local land use plans for decision making on the best uses of the land and its resources for improved, alternative, and sustainable land use at the grass root level.
Accordingly, the following major activities are implemented based on the approved plan.
* 249,410 parcels of individually, communally and institutionally owned lands have been surveyed and registered through GPS/TS while 246,956 parcels were surveyed using Ortho-photo techniques.
* Second level certificates issued for 50‚903 individual land holders.
* 4754 parcel mapping and certification completed for communal land holding.
* 1,379 parcel mapping and certification completed for institutional land holding
* Local land use plans have been prepared for 143 Kebeles in the project woredas.