NEWMAP NIGERIA Team
NEWMAP is managed by the Federal Project Management Unit (FPMU), which supports each of the 19 project participating States / PMUs. Each State PMU is hosted by their respective environment Ministries and is staffed with a broad range of expertise, supplemented by secondments from relevant MDAs. The NEWMAP Federal Project Management Unit (FPMU) is hosted by the Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv) and headed by the Federal Project Coordinator. The FPMU coordinates the project and facilitates delivery of advisory services and overview of activities carried out by State PMUs
Functions of the Federal Project Management Unit (FPMU)
- Act as Secretariat to the Federal Technical Committee.
- Manage Joint Annual Work Program exercise with Federal MDAs, including development, supervision, and monitoring of the work program.
- Recommend to the Federal Steering Committee if States can continue to access financing for site interventions via performance-based criteria
- Manage and oversee the procurement process for Federal Procurement of Goods, Works and services
- Support the procurement implementation of the State PMUs
- Support, advise and supervise Federal MDAs on implementing specific tasks, including procurement of goods, works, non-consulting services and consultancy services with full collaboration with the relevant MDAs
- Backstop State PMUs (organise multi-state learning events and help convene experts via the Expert Advisory Services Pool – explained below).
- Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Aggregate State M&E and information
- Report to national and international levels
- Impact evaluation
- Project communications and advocacy
2. The States : As with the FPMU, the NEWMAP State Project Management Units (SPMUs) are hosted by the State Ministries of Environment and headed by State Project Coordinators (SPCs). They coordinate the State level activities of the project and the delivery of advisory services.
1. State Project Coordinator
2. Financial Management officer
3. Procurement officer
4. Geotechnical/civil engineer
5. GIS officer
6. Natural resource specialist
7. Internal Auditor
8. Environment (safeguards) officer
9. Social/livelihoods officer
10. M&E officer
11. Communications officer
12. NEWMAP Technical Officer (acts as a link between the SPMU and LGA; sits at the LGA where the site intervention is taking place).
Headquarters: No 170 Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Tel: +2348098570625 / +2348037863662
E-mail address : email@example.com